April 26, 2013

April 15, 2013


Hola famila y amigos! Como estan!

This week was crazy! Let's start with Monday. Surprise baptism! Berta was suppose to get baptized on Saturday but seeing as Hermana Cueva was leaving we decided to try and up her date. She accepted. I was thrilled because I knew this baptism meant alot to Hermana Cueva.

Tuesday I went and picked up my new companion. Yup North American! Hermana Bendixen from California. She is wonderful. She is a BYU Idaho Theater Major. She doesn't speak Spanish but she doesn't let that stop her. I've been impressed that she will go up to people and contact even though she can't say much more then how are you. We get along really well. I am just trying to find a balance of speaking Spanish and English with her. Enough Spanish so she learns, but then enough English that she doesn't have an emotional breakdown ha ha. I mean every American learning Spanish has to have a language break down at some point, but I figure the Lord has us together so that I keep working hard and so that she doesn't have that break down just yet. I love training. It just keeps me so focused!

Wednesday we had interviews with the president. He told me that he was really sad that I would be leaving. A lot of new Hermanas will be coming in and he wished I would be here to train. He also said that the whole training sister thing that he has me doing,  is going to become an organized calling like a female assistant. After words we had a leadership training and honestly for the first time I felt really sad that I am finishing. I guess I have always thought about finishing my mission as the time when I get to see my family. So I have just been excited. But Wednesday I realized that I won't be a missionary forever and it made me really sad. I just feel like it would have been fun to stay longer and see everything that will be happening with all these young girls coming in, but sadly I'm missing that wave. Its o.k. though. I hope that when I go home there is a calling waiting for me. I just want to keep working in whatever way the lord wants me to work.
Friday we went and did a fun service where we picked rotting oranges in an orchard. You better believe that, that soon turned into a huge orange fight. My companion wasn't too thrilled about it ha-ha. I don't know if I just have too much time hanging out with Elders or it's that little tom boy inside of me but I was having a blast running around making war cries and chucking rotting oranges at people haha. Good times.
Training a new north American is hard. Mostly because I don't know how to help her. My first 4 months I was with someone who DID NOT speak English so there just wasn't an option. I learned Spanish. But it was really lonely and stressful at times. So I am glad that I can speak English with my companion so she doesn't have to deal with that lonely or stressful feeling, but I don't know if I am doing her justice because it will happen. But I believe the Lord has us together for a reason.
Well I got to run!

Thanks for all your love and support. I'm not trunky or anything but I will be seeing you all in just about a month! AAAHHH!!! I can't wait! Get ready to party!
Love you all
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment