September 4, 2012

August 27, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos. ¿Como la va?

Things are coming along here in Santa Isabel. We having been TURNING THIS AREA UPSIDE DOWN!! Seriously. I have faith in this area and  in these members. I think there is a lot of potential in this area. We just have to find a way to help the members feel that way. I think we can do it. We have been working really had to involve the members in the missionary work and I think it's starting to help the area.

Elais didn't come to church this week. That was sad. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and he wasn't sure he could accept it.   But  after I started reading passage after passage to him to show him that it truly is another testament of Jesus Christ, he loved it all but when I said Elais everything I just read to you is from the Book of Mormon he looked at me and said "Well then I don't believe it." I have such a testimony of the power that the Book of Mormon has. It has the power to Change lives, it brings people closer to Christ than any other book and if someone can humbly read this testament of Jesus Christ there is no way that it won't change their life and touch their soul. But the key is having an open heart. We haven't dropped Elais and I hope that he won't get cold to the whole idea, but we will have to see.

But this week we found a really awesome guy named Jack. We meet him contacting and he told us in la mismo contact that he "Knows that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is True." He has lots of friends and family who are members and he got baptized ten years ago, but after he got baptized he saw a member of the church drinking and because of that he never got confirmed to receive the Holy Ghost. But he says he has been thinking a lot about going back o church and he doesn't believe it was coincidence that we knocked on his door. He came to church yesterday, he is reading The Book of Mormon and he has a baptism date for the 15th of September.

The only sad thing is that Hermana Lisarazo won't be here to see his baptism. She has her visa and will be leaving for Mexico next Monday. I'm super bummed. I really love Hermana Lisarazo. I'm so thankful that I had such a positive hard working companion for these 6 weeks. Santa Isabel isn't a walk in the park, but thankfully with My companion we were really able to get some work done and the area is progressing.

I just want to end by tell you all that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints really does have the fullness of the gospel. I know God Lives and Loves us. I´ve come to see on my mission that God has a plan, and when it seems like things are out of control we need to remember that God always has it under control. Trust in him. I think that's when we are the happiest. Put all your trust in the Lord and he will lead and guide you.

I love being a missionary! Not every day is Sunshine and Butterflies. Honestly the bad days outnumber the good, but there are moments that are so wonderful that they make every door slam, every blister, ever frustration worth it all. I can't believe I have been gone for ten months! It's crazy how fast time flies!

I love you all. I feel like I should remind you all to write me letters cuz Id love to know how you are doing but seeing that the post office is still on strike I'm not sure there is a purpose. But HEY!! Dear Elders get to me. So don't forget about me! Write me at Dear Elders!! Just go to dearelder.com, write a missionary, select mission (Peru Lima West), write a letter,  It is free so please write!!!

I love you all!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment