September 28, 2012

September 24, 2012


Hola Familia y Amigos!

Wow! Is it Lunes already! I can't believe how fast this week went by! Seriously I feel like I blinked and a week went by! But when I think of all that happened this week it seems like a month went by.
Things are going good here in Santa Isabel. Anderson and his family are preparing to go the  temple :) We had a really great lesson with them this week. I'm super excited. I'm hoping that the Bishop will set a goal with them to go to the temple before I go home. The best would be if they got sealed the end of May when my Mom and Sisters come to pick me up. I'd love to go to the sealing with my family (even though they wouldn't understand anything ha-ha.) We will have to see but I'm really excited for their family. I took a picture of Andersons scriptures to show you all how amazing he is. He is ten years old but he is reading the Book of Mormon by himself and he marks his scriptures with different colors depending on what they mean. Honestly he is AMAZING!

Denise didn't get baptized this week. I'm still worried about this whole situation. I don't feel like she has the family support to stay active. The reason that she didn't get baptized this week is because she was acting out at home and so as a punishment she couldn't go the church. It's interesting how people outside of the church think that going to church is a prize that we get instead of a need that we have. (Wow it took me about five minutes to write this sentence because I couldn't remember the word for prize in English. I'm losing my mind!)

This week we had a mission training with the president! It was really great. We talked about the importance of sharing our personal testimonies. We applied that in our lessons this week and it really made a difference.
Things are coming along in Santa Isabel. We just need to help unify the ward because it lacks a lot of unity. But I know we can do it. We just have to start with the Leaders. We are going to start doing Family home evenings with the ward leaders and they HAVE to invite a family less active or investigators or people who recently got baptized, because this is the problem. As missionaries we visit the less actives and the  recent converts. We build relationships with them, but then after 4 months or so,we leave the area. We have to help people build relationships with the ward leaders and most importantly with Jesus Christ.

Well. . . all is well. I'm happy healthy and basically flea bite free ha-ha.
I'll be sending home letters soon.
I love you all!
Love Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment