September 4, 2012

September 3, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos!

What a week! This week on the 31st Elder D Todd Christofferson from the quorum o the 12 apostles came and spoke to the missionaries in Lima Peru. It was really wonderful. I didn't know that he could speak Spanish! It was really uplifting.  I couldn't help but laugh because I remember a year ago on the 31st of August I was home in Syracuse and I threw two epic parties in one night.  One unforgettable bridal shower for my Cousin Maddy and then a Tragically wonderful Birthday party for Courtney and this year I spent the 31st in Peru on a mission, listening to an apostle ha-ha. It's crazy how things can change in just one year. Sadly we didn't get to shake his hand or anything but it was still really cool. What I was really looking forward to was seeing Hermana Boyer and Hermana Gee, but sadly I think they both must be en el Selva right now because neither of them were there. But you know who I did see, Janae's roommate ha-ha. I don't remember her name and I couldn't take to her because she was super far away but we saw each other from a distance, it took me a while to figure out who she was but when I did I was super excited.

This week was filled with ups and downs. But on the good side Jack is still excited for the 15th of September and Elais says he wants to get baptized on the 30th of September. I'm still not sure if Elais will just keep saying this at the end of the next month and then the next month, but we will stick with him for one more month. He is starting to form friendships with some of the men his age in the ward. I think it will help him feel more confident about his choice to get baptized. We are focusing a lot in the Book of Mormon. He is so funny. He still doesn't like the Book of Mormon because it's not the Bible but yesterday when we taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith Repentance Baptism ect) and we did it by reading one verse in the Bible and then Another in the Book Of Mormon. At the end of the Lesson he understood the purpose of the two testimonies of Jesus Christ a lot better and he admitted he liked the Book of Mormon, but he likes the Bible more ha-ha. He is so stubborn, but what can you expect from a 75 year old man.

Hermana Lisarazo leaves for Mexico tonight. I'm bummed. I really will miss her and all her crazy habits and silly stories, but I know the Lord always has his purposes. I'm thankful that I had the six weeks with her that I had. I'm also super excited for my new companion. Hermana Venegus. She is my friend from the CCM. She is from Columbia and is super sweet. I bet she will teach me a lot! I'm excited!

All in all it was a good week! We are just pushing along trying to improve this area of Santa Isabel and I know we can do it. We just have to help the members see the potential that this area has and once they do and get more excited, the other things will really start picking up!

I love you all! Thanks for your love and support!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment