September 19, 2012

September 17, 2012

¿Que tal Familia y Yuntas? (Yuntas is Peruivan slag for Amigos, or friends. I tried asking for a Peruvian slag for Familia and they told me Family ha-ha. That's not slag! That's English. . . anyhow. . . )
This week was a good week. Jack got baptized! Whoot! It was a really good experience as always. We also have a baptism for this next Saturday a 15 year old Girl named Denisse. I'm excited for her, but I'm also worried. I've never baptized a teenager who didn't have family who are members. Honestly because I think it's a bad idea. The majority of teenagers who don't have parents who are members end up going inactive. Well I guess Kenji, his parents aren't members, but he was and still is solidly active. Denisse really like the lessons and she wants to get baptized, but I worry about her. The last thing I want to do is baptize someone just to baptize them. We are going to really work with the ward so that they will help her remain active. But It is a concern of mine.
So this week I got letters from wonderful friends and family. It seems like the post offices are FINALLY off strike, but I'm not sure how many letters I lost in that process. I'm sending letters home tomorrow. I've decided I don't trust the post offices so I'm sending it through a private sender.
So something I love is when you tell me in your letters that you read my blog. I also like to think at times that someone preparing for their mission reads this cuz they are a creepy blog stalker like I was ha-ha. Well in case you are that person reading my blog right now I have a tip for you.
When your mom suggests that you bring a flea collar on your mission, don't laugh at her and think that its ridiculous . . . . cuz one day you will wake up with a zillion flea bites all over you body and you will wish that you had a flee collar to put on your bed. Yup basically that's my long dramatic way of telling you all that I have flees, bueno, I had flees. Thankful I was able to track down some medicine that killed them all. I was waking up every day with more and more bites, I thought it was just in my bed, but nope we washed everything and I still was getting more bites, but not just in the night time, during the day as well . I feel like having flees puts my frumpiness to a new level ha-ha.
The other day my companion told me she is learning how to be serious and responsible thanks to my example. . . . Wow. . . . I'm pretty sure no one has ever used the words Serious or Responsible to describe me. It can only be one of two things. Either she thinks I'm serious because she has never had a north American companion and isnt use to the cultural difference . . . or I am getting super weird. All I know is she has me worried that Im getting lame! Am I getting Lame? If I come home serious, lame and frumpy you all have to promise to help me.
Well thats about all I have to report for this week.
I love you all! Thanks for your letters. If you dont get a letter back in about two or three weeks that probably means I never got your letter so you should write me again! I love you all.
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment