August 26, 2012

August 20, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos,

O.k. so I want to talk about some funny things and some serious things and I feel like talking about them both in the same letter some might make me seem heartless, but know that I am not.
First a funny story from this week. So en el Cerro, or in the dirt hills of our area there are tons of drunks, but there is this one drunk especially that is always giving us problems, he has chased after us a few times yelling things like "Gringa Besame!" or "White Girl Kiss me!" (but don't worry he is so drunk that he can't  run and just ends up falling over,  so it's really not dangerous.) but the other day we turned a corner and he was there and super close. So I started back pedaling to get away from him and Hermana Lisarazo went into protection mode. She takes off her back pack full of scriptures and starts betting him in the back of the head with her bag. It was hilarious. If I could only show you all what I saw, but it was really funny, and so not appropriate ha-ha. After words I talked to Hermana Lisarazo about how we can't beat up drunks in the street. You got to love Hermana Lisarazo.

Sunday however was a really sad day. Elder Carter had called me Saturday really late asking if me and my companion could be in the offices on Sunday. I figured it was something to do with my companions visa. I got to the offices and no one was there but the President's wife. She took us into the president's office and informed me that Jim Judd passed away in a motorcycle accident. It was really heart breaking. Jim was like a second Dad to me. When my Dad passed away Jim really stepped up and was always there for the important things in my life to support me. He did lots of sweet things for me my whole life. He was at my setting apart. My heart also broke for his family. Losing a Dad is terrible. I wish I could be there to hug them all and give them any form of help that I could. At least I know that my Family is there and since we have been through a similar situation I pray that we can be of some help.

The thing that helps is knowing everything that is unfair about life can be made fair from the atonement of Jesus Christ. It isn't fair to lose your Dad, or you Husband unexpectedly and early in life. But the Lord has promised us that one day we can be with our families again. I imagine in that day our joy will be so great that we won't even remember our pain. All I know is that Its true, families can be together forever and the Lord does love us.

Love always, Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment