May 7, 2012

April 23, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos!

Well this week. . . was fun hahaha. A rollercoaster ride as weeks in the mission always are. One of our baptisms feel through which for me was really heart breaking. Mostly because our investigator Eulogia really loved coming to church. She always talked about the Joy and Peace she feels in the iglesia. She wanted to get baptized because she felt like it was what Heavenly Father wanted her to do. Things like that. We had been working with her husband to help him understand and everything was good. . . . yeah and then someone from her old church came to visit. The next day we came over her husband was extremely rude to us. Telling us that we don't know how to pray because we pray with our eyes closed and arms folded. Telling us that we don't love God because we don't scream, and cry and yell when we talk about him. We tried to explain that we prefer to worship in a more reverent way and he just kept cutting us off and saying. Listen I know more about God then you do. Look I'm older then you and I'm not going to have two jovensitas tell me about God. My pastor studied for years to be a pastor. How many years did you study? Honestly . . . I was blown away by his lack of respect for us. He ended by saying that if his wife got baptized he would stop buying her pain medicine and she would have to manage her pain on her own without his help. . .We asked Eulogia what she wanted to do and she said that she thought it was best if she didn't get baptized. We passed by Sunday to pick her up for church and she told us she couldn't go. . . .Really for me it was heart breaking because I know she loves going to church. I know that baptism is essential for her salvation. But I always know God loves Eulogia. He won't give up on her. We won't be able to put all of our attention on her now but I pray that down the road the heart of her husband will be softened.

Really when we have tough weeks like this I am so thankful I am with Hermana Lema! I don't know what I would do without her! She has become one of my best friends. I am so scared for may 1st. Cambios otra vez! The most cambios possible is 4 and right now we have 3. So there is a possibility! I'm just praying that the lord sees fit to leave us together for one more cambio.

Any how that was about it for my week. Sacrament attendance in our ward was the highest it's been in years! Our bishop thanked us for the work we have been doing with the inactive members of our ward. I'm thankful that we finally hard a good relationship with him and that little by little things in Antares are getting better!

I love you all!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment