May 21, 2012

May 14, 2012

Hola Familia y amigos! feliz dia de madre! Happy Mother's Day.

So a little something about the culture of Peru. mothers day here is a big deal. all the schools do cultural dances and Saturday till Sunday is a giant party. I'm starting to think that maybe they just throw a huge party here for any excuse ha-ha.

I got to talk to my family yesterday which was bitter sweet. I loved getting to talk to everyone but one hour isn't enough. our connection was bad too so it was a little hard to understand what was being said. But over all I was happy just to talk to them. I think the hardest part of the phone calls is saying goodbye. I'll be honest it was heart breaking to know that the next time I'll get to hear my mom's voice is at the end of December. After I hung up the phone I broke down. I haven't cried that hard in my whole mission. I spent the majority of my companions phone call in my room crying. . . pathetic maybe. . . but it's true. I was lying on my bed thinking about why I'm here and if it's all worth it. for a few minutes I had my doubts. I thought about all the people who reject me every day. if it really worth being a world away from my family for 18 months (and three weeks) to be rejected like this. but then I remembered something. Zoryda and Sheyla in Antares. And our investigators right now in San Felipe. For the 100s of people who turn down the message of Jesus Christ and the restored gospel. There are those who accept it and there are those who better their lives for it. When it all comes down to it. I know God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and that he loves us. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints truly is Gods church on the earth and I know with all my heart that if people would live the precepts of the gospel their lives truly would be happier. So when it all comes down to it, it is worth it. After I came to that realization I got on my knees and begged the lord to help me refocus on my mission. To help me to love the people of Peru like I love my family so that I can serve them with all my heart. As I prayed I felt a numbness come over my pain and I felt like a missionary again instead of a home sick Sadie. it was probably the most immediate answer to a pray I have ever received. I'm thankful to the lord for that. I know that his answers aren't always so immediate but this time I'm thankful he saw fit to answer my pray so fast.

Any how that is my story. I'm not sure if it makes me seem really weak or pathetic. But I figure if you are reading this you want to know how my real mission is going, not just fake fluff.

This week was good. We are struggling to find new people to teach but we have some really good investigators. Luci, Saul, Kenji, Edith. I'm excited for Edith. She has been coming to church for a while now. her son just got baptized and as soon as her and her husband get married she wants to get baptized. her husband has been inactive for a long time now but is so happy to be coming back to church. He said something interesting in our last lesson. "The world offers you a fun time, but the church offers you spiritual peace. I've finally realized that what really makes you happy in life is spiritual peace." What an amazing family! Basically all is well here in San Felipe! I'm happy and healthy! My mom caught me up on all the gossip who is getting married who is having babies! I'm excited for you all.
Bradi my mom tells me you are having a girl! Aw! A little Bradi . Can't wait to see her.  Send me a ;picture!

Anyhow that's about it for my life.
I love you all!
Hermana Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment