August 26, 2012

August 13, 2012

Hola Familay Amigos!

I don't have a whole lot of time to write today. To be brief. My birthday was this Wednesday and it was wonderful, the ward was SO sweet, a few of the members found out when my birthday was and they did a lot to make it special, 4 dinners, 4 cakes, 2 parties and no eggs on my head ha-ha. It was a really special day. I felt bad cuz we were only able to teach one lesson cuz the whole day was spent with members, but hey its only one day and it was my birthday after all. I'm really thankful I could spend my birthday here in Santa Isabel. I really love this area. I hope I get lots of time here. I'm not sure why, it's not like this is an easy area with tons of baptisms, actually it's the opposite, but I like the challenge of being in a ward that hasn't had success. There is lots of work to do and you can't fail.

We are currently preparing a 75 year old man named Elais for baptism. He is wonderful. We taught him Sunday in the house of a member who is 81. I was a little worried it would be hard to control the lesson with two talkative older men, but I was wrong the lesson was super powerful. Hermano Quispe, the member who is 81 got baptized when he was 65 so he was able to relate to Elais. Elais seemed a lot more comfortable with the idea of baptism after talking to Hermano Quispe. The best part of the lesson was when we ended. Hermano Quispe cried and thanked us for the opportunity to share the gospel. I think he is really lonely. He is the only member in his family and doesn't have a wife or kids. I think the Lord knew Elais needed Hermano Quispe and also the lord knew Hermano Quispe needed to be needed. Its moments like that when you know you are doing exactly what the lord wants you to do. Those are the moments that make being a missionary wonderful.

I want to thank everyone who wrote me in the birthday package my mom sent me and those who sent them on your own.  Also Autumn I hope your package gets to me. The post office closed, but I think it's just closed for sending things but not for receiving because I got letters this past week. Hopefully, but either way thank you all for thinking of me on my birthday.

I love you all! Thanks for everything!
Love Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment