August 10, 2012

July 30, 2012

Hola Famila y Amigos!

So I know you are all dying to know about my new companion. . . . . SHES AWESOME. . . . . I love her! Seriously. I am so blessed. She is talkative and super fun. Very interesting, nothing like what you would expect from a sister missionary. Her name is Sandra Lisarazo. Hermana Lisarazo is from Tagna Peru. Her mission is in Mexico but because she doesn't have her visa yet, she is waiting her in our mission. She is 24 years old. She got baptized 4 years ago. Before her baptism she was hard core gothic. She has calmed down a bit but she is still pretty intense. She likes anime, and heavy metal. She has a lot of energy. We get along really well. If she went to Clearfield high shy would have been friends with Lacey and Taylor. She is that kind of awesome. We have lots of fun together but she is also a hard worker. She isn't afraid of talking to anyone. So we have been making a lot of improvement in our contacts. She really reminds me of a calmer version of Lacey. I have a feeling that when she wasn't a missionary she was probably more hyper like her. She is touchy feely, lots of hugs, lots of jokes. Basically I'm thrilled.

The work here in Santa Isabel is picking up. We are searching for people to teach. It's fun being with a new missionary cuz she has lots of energy and is really positive because she hasn't had her heart broken by investigators yet. Full of faith and ready to work. Training a missionary is a lot of work and responsibility, I think the added responsibility has been good for me. I've been more focused this week then I have ever been. I defiantly feel the weight of the whole area on my shoulders, but it's a good type of stress that keeps me working hard.

Sometimes I feel inadequate. It's kind of like when you let a little kid help you make cookies. The child has the best of intentions but their fumbling fingers make mistakes, they don't understand the recipe exactly but they are doing their best. Sometimes I feel like that's how I am with the missionary work and that God is watching me fumble around trying to do my best, and even though he could do it better himself he lets me figure things out because he knows that's the only way I will learn.Well I have to go. But I want you to all know I am happy! I love my new companion and my area. We are  working hard, searching for people who are ready to accept the gospel.

Oh wait one more thing. So my companions great grandpa was Chinese so she looks a little bit Chinese, so when we do contacts people obviously know I am from a different country but because she looks Chinese they think she is as well.

Ok the internet lady is getting mad at me,
Got to go!
Love you all! Till next week.
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment