February 1, 2012

January 30, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

Que Tal! This week . . . was rough. . . I'll be honest. I don't know what was up with me this week. We would have lessons set up and we would even call the night before to confirm that everything was good and then when we would show up at the people's houses no one would be there. . . .Ugh . . . there is nothing I like more than walking in one direction for 30 minutes just to have a teaching appointment fall through. . . Grr... It's all good. Hermana Lema and I came up with a plan to have lots of family home evenings this week with part member families. I think this week will be better. But that's just how it goes on a mission, some moments are amazing and others are terrible. The only thing that bothers me is I really want to make the best use of my time. I remember being told that this time is the Lords time and you will be held accountable for how you use it. So when we walk around for hours and no one will listen and no one is home I get frustrated. I want to teach the gospel!! And I don't want to feel like I am wasting the Lords time.

Anyhow. . . that's my venting for the week ha-ha.

This week while contacting . . . Hmmm I met an Angel ha-ha that was interesting. We were walking and this guy yells out MORMONS!! So we go to talk to him and he tells us that he is an angel. Uh. . . ok so we try giving him a pamphlet and he tooks at the picture of Christ and tells us that he is superior to him and what not. My companion was waiting, trying to find a polite way to exit the conversation and finally I just grabbed her and we left. . . Oh the people you meet while you contact.

One thing I love about Peru is the Garbage trucks ha-ha. Let me explain. So instead of having a set time or date for the Garbage route the truck just drives around all day every day and it has this Loud Song that it plays and when people here it coming down the road they run out with their garbage. Its hilarious. Its kind of like the ice cream man but for Adults ha-ha.

Hmm.... Not much to say this week. I hope you are all doing well. My Spanish is starting to get better. I am understanding ALOT more and people are starting to understand me. Maybe there is hope for me after all.

This week I hit my 3 month mark! Whoot. This last month has been awesome. Hermana Lema is wonderful and I love getting to study the gospel and share it with people every day. I just want to use this time the best I can because I know I won't get another opportunity like this ever again!

I love you all! I miss you but I am doing well.
Love Hermana Sadie Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment