March 4, 2013

February 25, 2013


Hola Familia y Amigos (Why do I always write that in Spanish, I don't know)

This week was crazy. It was a lot of fun because it was so different from any other week I have had in my mission. I feel like I went on a mission vacation of shorts ha-ha. Monday was Hermana Andersons last day in Chancay. We went to the Hare Krishna's (it's a religion from India that has a temple here in Peru) It was super fun. Brought out the hippie in me ha-ha.

Tuesday morning we had Alfunsos baptism. IT WAS SO AMAZING! I have never seen a happier family It was SO GREAT. I really don't have words. He was so happy everyone was SO HAPPY! It was such a spiritual experience. The best thing is that ever since his baptism his family has been so loving. Him and his wife sit next to each other and they hold hands. AH! It is the biggest change that I have seen in someone after a baptism. I'm so happy for them. Like President Torres said. This really wasn't just a baptism, this is an eternal family!

Tuesday through Thursday I was with Hermana Anderson saying goodbye to her areas. It was lots of fun. We went to a really expensive restaurant. I ATE CEVICHE!! It's a Peruvian dish. Its raw fish. Well they just put fish in Lemon and it "cooks" the fish, but not ha-ha. So its raw fish, lemon, onions and cilantro. It actually is really good. That surprised me.

Friday I got my new companion. Hermana Cueva. She is really sweet. She has 4 months in the mission and is still a little lost. I look at her to teach and she just looks and me terrified. But when she does testify its super powerful! She has lots of potential. I hope I can help her reach her potential and become the powerful teacher that she can be.

We found some really great people this weekend and I am excited for everything that's going to happen.
So that was my week. I'm happy, everything is going well.
Tomorrow I reach 16 months in the mission! AH!!!

I love you all!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment