December 9, 2012

December 3, 2012

¿Que Tal Familia y Amigos?
 
I have some stories I wanted to tell you this week. Some of the funny happenings in Peru, some of the thoughts I have had in my head. First of all a funny story.
 
So women here in Peru have NO SHAME when it comes to breast feeding in public. It's just something normal that they do. It use to catch me off guard but now it doesn't phase me, but the other day we were at our pensionistas house and her daughter who has a one year old was talking about how she wants to stop breast feeding her son but he doesn't want to. So she gets this smile on her face and walks over to the refrigerator. I look over and she has hot sauce in her hands and she is rubbing it all over her chest, and then she looks at me and says, let's see if he wants some now. Ha-ha. I was dying. The funniest thing was when she tried and her sons didn't even care. She looked at him and said. "What are you Mexican! You like you Leche spicy!" It was hilarious, but I don't know, maybe you have to be like me and be so use to things like this. I guess this story could be funny or disturbing depending on how you look at it.
 
So this week. . . well. . . my companion is still having health problems. We were only able to worked twice and then they other days I tried to get people to come with me and work.
But it's just not the same as really getting out and working. I have been really worried about our area. I have worked so hard for months trying to get things going in this ward and things have REALLY turned around. But I worry that we are losing ground and losing all the work that he have done. It's just hard. I really love working. Its why I'm here. But I know the Lord has a reason for everything. I know that I am learning things in this time that I need to learn. It's just hard sometimes to learn lessons that we don't want to learn. But I love Hermana Venegas. She is a hard worker and I want to help here any way I can. One blessing we got this week was the Lord putting someone prepared in our path. Juliana. Her friend is currently serving a mission. She has been coming to church. She loves it. She wants to get baptized. I'm thankful that even though we can't leave and work how I would like to the Lord understands and it putting people in our path.
 
The Elders have some pretty crazy stuff planned for this Pday. All I know is last time they had something "crazy" planned for pday it ended with half the zone throwing up ha-ha. I can only imagine what they have planned for us this week.
 
Got to go.
I love you all!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment