July 10, 2012

July 9, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos!

This week went well. Anderson's Dad came into town. So Anderson is getting baptized TOMORROW! He is really excited. This Sunday his whole family was in church. It was really wonderful. His Dad is a good man, he just lost his way because it's not easy to be a member of the church. Men (especially in this culture) don't look highly upon someone who put church before futbol or who doesn't drink because of a moral choice. Sometimes I worry that the men here just don't get HOW IMPORTANT they are. Sometimes I wish I could sit all the inactive Dads down together and make them watch the priesthood sessions of conference. I just want to shout RISE UP AND BE MEN for heavens sacks. But like I said he is a good man, He wants his son to get baptized. It was really sweet, he looked at me and said I know he is young but I hope by getting baptized young and going to church all his life he will be able to be a better man than me.

Maria had a super spiritual experience. We have really been focusing on using the book of Mormon to help her settle all her doubts and fears, This week she was praying to know if she should get baptized and she had this experience. " I prayed and asked the Lord to give me a sign to know if I should get baptized. I remembered how you told me that the answers to my prayers are here (gesturing to the Libro de Mormon) So I opened it up to a random page and I opened to 3 Nephi Chapter 11 (in this chapter Christ comes to the Americas and the first thing he teaches is about the importance of baptism.) It was obvious that this was an answer to my prayer. I know the Lord wants me to get baptized."
I'm very excited for these two families. The Lord is really blessing them in their desires to do what's right. I'm happy that I get to be here and be a part of it.

As far as things go with my companion. . . they are about the same. Friday our zone had interviews with the President. I walked in, we said a prayer and then he looked at me and said "Hermana Taggart what is your secret?" I was confused so I asked for clarification. "This is the happiest I have seen Hermana Supo in her whole mission, what is your secret." Well that was shocking for me to here. I was dumbfounded. After moments of Silence I looked at him and said "She´s happy! How can you tell?" haha. We had a good chat. I was happy to hear that the positivity and patience is paying off, but I really hope that doesn't mean that I'm going to be expected to be positive and patient for more than 6 weeks. I'm not sure I have it in me to make it much longer.

How was your fourth of July? I spent my morning in the Cerro of Peru, but in the afternoon I got to see Hermana Lema, Both of our companions had to go to the doctor so I got to go work with her for a day in her area.

I really wish that we could be companions again. I love that we worked hard and played hard.
Anyhow that was about it for my week. I'm sorry these letters are getting boring. I'll try and find a way to zest them up a bit.

Love you all!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment