July 25, 2012

July 23, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos! Feliz Dia!!!

 Guess what! I'm getting a new companion!!! AAAHHH!!!! But you want to know what the scary thing is? She is a new missionary. Fresh out of the CCM! Only has three weeks in the mission. Which means I'm going to have all sorts of responsibility! AAHHH!!! I'm a little scared. I´ve always been the junior companion and now I have all the responsibility of being the senior companion plus I'm training someone.
I'm excited. My first Hija in the mission. I hope I can be as good of a trainer for this new missionary as Hermana Lema was for me. I'm going to do all that I possibly can.

This week was Maria's baptism. It was a really great experience. She is such an amazing women. I think the best thing is that she really understands that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is about families. It all comes back to the family. I've also realized that the purpose of the Church is to help us apply the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our families and in our lives. I've always wondered why as a church we say the phrase "I know this Church is true." Really what does that phrase mean? I know I've said it before and really never thought about what I was saying, but now I think I know what it means, at least for me. When I say that I know the Church is true I am saying that I know that this Church is the Church God organized to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in its most pure form. And this Gospel of Jesus Christ can bless our families both here on the earth and for the eternities. That's what I mean when I say that I know the Church is true.

Right now I'm just excited and scared for the new adventure of having a new companion. Right now in the area we don't have a whole lot of investigators that are progressing or can progress. We have a lot of finding and hard work to do. I'm excited though. It's going to be a new adventure.

I love you all!
Love Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment