July 10, 2012

July 2, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Another week come and gone. I'm feeling less pathetic then last week. This week was good. We are having lots of success with reactivating two families and preparing members of their families for baptisms. We are also trying to find more families to teach. Our mission is really pushing to find families and baptize families completos. Really it's much better that way. If we baptize just one person in a family it's a lot harder for them to stay active. Plus seeing as the family is central in the Plan of God and in the gospel of Christ we really should work harder with families.

Things with Hermana Supo. . .ha-ha . . . well they haven't changed but I am getting better at dealing with it. Tuesday I was having a woe is me day. She was "sick" again and I was able to leave and work with a member during the day but I couldn't find anyone to come with me at night, so I was stuck in the house. Feeling frustrated I decided to pray and then read my Ensign of the conference talks that my family had sent me. In my prayer I asked that something in the conference talks would give me the comfort I needed. Well I found what I was looking for but not exactly in the way I thought I would find it ha-ha. In a Talk by Henry B. Eyring called "Mountains to climb" he talks about the importance of trials in our lives and how they make us stronger. There was one part that really stood out to me it says "There is someone you can forgive, there is someone you can thank, there is someone you can serve and lift. You can do it Where ever you are and however alone and deserted you may feel." Wow. It was like a spiritual punch in the stomach. I'll be honest I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. Thinking I'm in the Middle of Peru. My family and friends are a world away from me and I have no one to talk to. I felt pretty alone and deserted, but the Lord so kindly reminded me that the only thing that can make us feel better in our lives is to forget ourselves and serve others. Which I knew before reading the talk, but what I realized is that it's not just serving the people you want to serve but they people who are most difficult for you to serve as well.

So I am trying REALLY HARD to be a better person and a better companion. I remember when I got set apart as a missionary my stake president told me that my mission was to prepare me to be a better Wife, Mother and Church Leader. I guess If I want to be a better person I need to have a better attitude and learn from these mountains to climb. The Lord is giving me opportunities to improve myself. I should be thankful.

So that's about it for my life. I hope these emails are interesting ha-ha. I'll try to throw in more fun facts on culture and what not next week.

Love you all!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment