April 19, 2012

April 16, 2012

Hola!

Another week come and gone here in Lima. This week was crazy busy, crazy fun and crazy stressful! We had two baptisms. Ricardo y Kervin. Ricardo is ten years old. His family has been inactive for five years. Working with him and his family has been amazing. Not only were we able to help someone progress to baptism but we were able to reactivate his family! His Dad was able to perform the baptism and now has a new calling teaching Elders Quorum. Hermana Lema and I have asked for a list from our primary of the children that haven't been baptized because this experience really has been so wonderful. We hope that we can find other families like Ricardo where we can help them relight that fire that they once had for the Gospel.

Our second baptism was 19 year old Kervin. We had been teaching him for a long time now. Always knowing that there was a chance of him moving back to Argentina. He was here looking for work but if he couldn't find it within a certain time line he would have to move back. Honestly he wasn't really excited to meet with us up till about two weeks ago. After general conference he was really excited about the gospel and wanted to be baptized. But it was really certain that he could be moving back to Argentina. He didn't have the money to buy a ticket back so it would all depend on when his Grandma bought the ticket. We explained to him that he could get baptized in Argentina if he didn't get the chance here but he really wanted to get baptized here because he has friends in this ward and his Cousin and Aunt are members. We told him to pray and if it was the Lords will he could be baptized here. His baptism was set for the 14th. His Grandma bought him a ticket for the 16th. It was exciting that we would get to see his baptism, but also really hard to know that we wouldn't be able to keep an eye on him after words. He has a friend who is a member of the church in Argentina so we had his cousin email his friend to ensure that he would help him make it to church and help him with the temptations that are sure to come. I hope and pray he does all he can to stay strong. He has a lot of potential. I hope he doesn't forget that.

This week we also taught a lesson that really taught me a lot. We were explaining a commandment and our investigator said something that really struck me. She said, "I knew what I was doing was wrong. . . I just didn't realize that God cared. Now that I know he cares I never want to do something that will make his sad again." For me this was a moment really beautiful. I could see and feel that she was experiencing true repentance. When we change our ways based off a love of our Heavenly Father. I think sometimes we forget that commandments are set by a LOVING Heavenly Father. He gives us commandments to protect us and to help us live lives that are happy and fulfilling.

Anyhow this week was really good. Stressful and crazy busy but really good.
I hope I don't sound like a baby by saying this, but if any of my Amigos are reading this I would really love to hear from you. I know you are all crazy busy with weddings, babies and boys. . . but I really do miss you all and I want to know about the changes your lives are taking. I know it's been a while, but don't forget about me just yet.

I love you all! Till next week.
Hermana Sadie Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment