November 25, 2011

November 23, 2011

Hello Friends and Family!!!

I've been in Peru for a week!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!! So the Peruvian MTC is kind of crazy, haha, but I like it. In some ways it's more chill then Provo, and in other ways its more strict. There are some random rules here, that have a good purpose they just seem strange. You can only take pictures on Preparation days, you can't take pictures in your rooms, if you are late to class you have to take laps around the building, you must eat EVERYTHING on your plate, if you don't they send you back to finish ... and that includes the juice, which is sometimes super nasty. Haha

The food here is WONDERFUL. It's like going out to eat at a Peruvian restaurant every night. But the juice, YUCK!!! Haha I had juice made out of husks the other night ... yeah...

I'm starting to learn about culture differences from my Latina companion. Haha For example, she wakes up at 5:30 every day, no alarm clock or anything she just does. I guess that is super common. Also she drinks warm water. Haha Um... oh even though she wakes up an hour before I do, she still manages to be running late to EVERYTHING. Haha Which is stressful because I don't want to have to take a lap around the building. Haha

The teachers here are very nice it's hard sometimes though. For example, if you are just really having a hard time with Spanish the last thing you want to do is try to explain to someone what is wrong IN SPANISH. Haha

My Spanish is improving, I think. Haha I understand alot of what is being spoken and almost 100% if its about the gospel. My vocab is growing and I am starting to understand the concept at conjugating verbs!! Whoot! My ability to do charades is also increasing. Haha

Pretty sure my Latin companions (mine and Hermana Meonos, we are all four of us always together so it feels like I have two) any how, I am pretty sure our Latinas think I am crazy (or know Haha). They laugh at my attempts to communicate and all my epic fails at communicating. For example, in Spanish when you are hungry you say, "I have hunger" instead of "I am". Also in Spanish the word for man and the word for hunger are very similar. So the other day I said very loudly "I have man" in Spanish. For some reason everyone at the table got a huge kick out of that. I'm not sure I will ever live that down. Haha

We got to go into the real world today! I am huge!!! Haha I have never been stared at so much. I got to go! 30 minutes is about up! Love you all! Please write me! I miss everyone and would love to hear how life is back in the good old USA. Oh one last thought, it doesn't matter where you are there is always someone else who likes Justin Bieber!!! My Latinas love him.

Love you all!
Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment