November 8, 2012

November 5, 2012

Hola, Greetings from your flea bitten friend here in Peru.
 
Once again I am COVERED in some kind of strange bug bites but we aren't sure what they are. It actually might be a skin infection or some crazy reaction I have to stress, but till we know for sure we will just stick with saying that its fleas. . . . cute right ha-ha.
 
This week. . . oh boy. . . this week was a great opportunity to learn patience and love. We dropped (and got dropped) by practically all the families that we had hopes for, for this November. When it all comes down to it there are lots of people here who will let you into their house to talk about Jesus, but when you invite them to act on the faith they have. . . they just don't want to do it. It's really too bad.
 
Halloween in Peru isn't that exciting. They are just recently starting to celebrate it. But advice for anyone who is going to serve in Peru, have your mom send you candy and hand it out while contacting all the families that are walking around. Its lots of fun, the kids and their parents love it and it's a more enjoyable way to contact for one night.
 
I feel super boring this week with little to say. Really, this week just must have me beat! I really respect missionaries that serve in countries that are less receptive cuz man alive this week of rejection just wasn't fun. But its fine, it's not like we curled up in our beds and cried, we worked hard, contacted a ton, basically we searched and searched and then we searched some more!
 
Oh this week I got the insanity work out videos my family sent to me, so we have been waking up at Six, running over to Tungasuca and working out with the Hermanas! The first few days were SO HARD. I wanted to die. I had to result to sitting on a public toilet in Peru because my legs were just too weak to squat! Man alive I'm out of shape. But it was lots of fun, I felt like I was in Volleyball again. We are taking Sundays and Mondays off, but tomorrow we start again! Week two! WHOOT!!!
 
Well I guess I will make this email short cuz really I don't have much to say about this week .
I love you all!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment