October 22, 2012

October 8, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos, ¿Como la va?
 
Things in Peru are going good. Conference was AWESOME! Can you believe they changed the age requirements for the sister missionaries (the change for the Elders didn't really surprise be because it's been 18 in Latin America for years.) but the girls! 19 Years old. They lowered the age by TWO YEARS! Wow I can only imagine what this will mean for the obra! Seriously! I think about my group of friends, had the age limit been 19 when we were 19. . . . I really think a good amount more would have gone. I'm excited. I know the Lord needs more missionaries and this will open up a lot of new areas. All I can say is that the lord is putting a lot of trust in his "children" really 18 year old boys and 19 year old girls. . . I'm sure it will be fine as long as everyone remembers that this is the mission field and not freshmen year at Dixie state ha-ha. I'm excited I hope more girls serve missions. My mission is the best choice I have ever made. I feel like it is preparing me in so many ways for my future. I'm excited that more girls will have the opportunity because they won't be afraid of coming home an old maid at the age of 23 like I will be ha-ha. Jk. But seriously . . . Do we all think people in Utah will start getting married even younger ha-ha. I guess we will see.
 
They are also building a new temple in Peru! Whoot! Have you ever noticed how much they talk about Peru in General Conference. Every six months there is at least one talk about Peru.
Last Pday was really fun and stupid haha. We did a fast food eating contest, but the elders bought a ridiculious amount of food. Not only was it impossible to eat, but even more impossible to eat fast, by the end of the day 4 elders and 1 hermana threw up haha. But it was hilarious.
 
Right now we are teaching a brother and a sister Arturo and Shelya. They are preparing for baptism this 20th of October. Sheyla is 17 so she has to get permission first, but it's been really fun teaching them. Arturo likes to pretend he is too cool for our lessons, but he loves them and keeps all of his commitments. It's funny we will ask him if he read and he will respond like "uhh... yeah not really, but yeah," but then when we ask him what he remembers or understands it's obvious that he read everything, he is just 19 and likes to think he is super cool ha-ha. But it's been a blast teaching them and I have faith that Sheyla will be able to get permission from her Dad. (she has been trying for months) but Arturo has only recently been listening to us and I think when he sees that both his children are preparing for baptism his heart will soften.
 
Basically all is well in life. I'm hoping to get one more transfer here in Santa Isabel. We have lots to do and we are really trying to get the ward involved in the mission work and I feel like with one more transfer we could make a big difference. I know the work will progress here weather I am here or not, I just want to be here to see it.
 
So I sent home letters with a private sender, I don't know when they will all get to you but thanks to everyone who has been SO loyal in writing me. I have the best friends ever because I know a lot of you haven't heard from my since June thanks to this stupid post office strike but I have been writing I do love you all and my letters should get to you all soon.
Love you all!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment