October 26, 2012

October 22,2012


¿Que tal Familia y Amigos?

Family this week was AWESOME! Seriously AWESOME! Santa Isabel is really turning around the members are wonderful! We have been working with a lot of the members. We have learned that it's easier to get them involved in the mission work if we bring the investigators to the houses of the members. It's been really effective and the members are super excited. We have three baptisms this Friday (what a great way to celebrate my year mark) the members are so excited because they know these people, they have taught them, they have come over to their houses, they are their friends. I'm just so happy to see this ward reaching the potential that I always knew that it had.

The best experience of the week was teaching Arturo about the importance of the Sabbath day. He didn't come to church last Sunday because he was too tired. And the Sunday before he come to conference but he told us flat out, I'm not coming in a suit and tie. So this week we visited him and we talked about the Atonement, we talked about all that Christ has done for us and then we talked about when we told go to church and when we don't honor the Sabbath day we are basically tell Christ "Thanks for suffering for my sins, but I really don't care." Then I looked at him and asked him Arturo could you look Christ in the eyes and tell him that all he has done for you doesn't matter." Oh if you could have seen the look in his eyes. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he understood what Sundays really are all about. Then when we went to picked him up Sunday he was taking forever to come out and I was thinking "After that amazing spirit filled lesson did he serious sleep in." but then he come to the window dressed in a Suit and holding out his tie says "Hermanas can you help me, I don't remember how to tie my tie." AAAAHHHHH!!!!!! He really is coming such a long way! I love it! I love my life right now!

This next week will be a week of land marks, on the 24th it will be 6 years since my Dad passed away and on the 26th I will have been on my mission for 1 year. Well the Elders say it's time to go!

I love you all! Till Next week!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment