December 17, 2011

December 11, 2011

Hello Friends and Family!!

How's the weather in Utah? Is it freezing? That's too bad, because its WONDERFUL here in Peru!! I'm getting an awesome missionary tan line. Haha So this week was good. I have an embarrassing story for you all (why I share this stuff I don't know. It will probably come back to haunt me later Haha). So last Wednesday night I was sitting at the devotional in my super long orange skirt. We all stood up to sing a song and I accidently stood on my skirt... so when I stood up my skirt dropped to my knees... yeah. Did I mention I was sitting on the front row with over 100 Elders behind me. Yeah... so I hurried and pulled up my skirt, look around, it seems no one has noticed. My companions aren't laughing, so I know they didn't notice. After the devotional I turn to my companion and tell her what happened. And I said I hope none of the Elders noticed. Then one Elder from my district, Elder Allen, walks past and whispers, "They noticed"... Yeah so I might have mooned all the Elders in the CCM...NBD really. Haha That would only happen to me.

Saturday we went tracking...it was fun...ok it wasn't. Haha I felt terrible. Mostly because I couldn't help my companion at all!! No one would talk to us and then the three people who did I couldn't understand. I felt bad. But oh well. One day it will come. The last guy we talked to though was amazing. As we introduced ourselves this cute little old man that was gardening knew who we were. He had taken the lessons years ago, he had a Book of Mormon and LOVED it. When he moved to Peru the missionaries lost track of him. He was excited and wanted to start meeting with the missionaries again. He was also the only person I understood the whole time. So that was good. The 4 hours of having windows and doors shut in our faces were worth it just to see his excitement.

Also I finished The Book of Mormon this week. Our mission president asked that we finish it in our first three weeks here!! Which was CRAZY hard. They don't give you time to just read here. So you have to make time, like when your comp is in the bathroom, or after you finish eating a meal!! But I did it! After I did what its asking in the last chapter of Moroni and I prayed to know if it was true. That wasn't my first time finishing the Book of Mormon or my first time praying about it. But I was nervous, (I always am). What if it isn't true this time? What if I don't feel the Spirit testify that it's true?... but I have good news!! ITS TRUE!!! I know it is. Honestly that's the greatest news anyone could have. Because if the Book of Mormon is true, then God is our loving Heavenly Father, Jesus is his son and our Savior!! We can be with our families for ETERNITY!!! If the Book of Mormon is true, then Joseph Smith was a true prophet as well as all of his successors!! If the Book of Mormon is true, God loves his children and talks to them!! The Book of Mormon is the word of God, it is a companionship to the Bible. Its true!!! The true Church of Jesus Christ is on the earth again and his power is restored!! That's pretty much the best news in the world!!

Well I love you all! I get to go on a tour of Lima today!! I will tell you all about it next week!!!
Love you ALL!
Anna and Autumn I love you! I wish I could be there for your weddings!! Love you!!!

Hermana Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment