January 2, 2012

December 24, 2011

Dear Friends and Family!!

Feliz Noche Bueno!! Happy Christmas Eve!! Its Christmas time in Peru! It's wonderful here this time of year. People here love CHEESY Christmas decorations! Everywhere there is just cheesy decorations! I love it! Before I get started I want to say thank you to Bradi for keeping this blog up for me! Bradi I love you! I really appreciate you doing this for me!! Thank you! So this week was THE LONGEST week of my mission, not having a prep day till today was tough. Haha And knowing the whole time how awesome today would be, made it even longer. But today is here and I am happy. The President is trying really hard to make today and tomorrow special for us! So that means alot!

Exciting news from this week, first of all EARTHQUAKE!! No lie!! I woke up at about 1 in the morning on Monday to the sound of my bunk bed shaking. I looked at the ground and it was moving! I was half asleep so I felt really calm and just thought... huh... I think we are having an earthquake. Next thing you know my little Latina Comp is jumping off her bed and screaming. Haha it all lasted about 8 seconds. It was big enough to shake things around but nothing was damaged. Earthquakes are really common in Peru so no one should be worried. All and all it was really fun.

Hermana Cartagena has been by far the most interesting companion I have had so far on my mission. I have a theory about her, I think because she is so small there is only room in her body for one emotion at a time, so she goes from being super happy, to terribly sad, to incredibly frustrated... It's fun... It makes life kind of like a rollercoaster ride. Haha Really though it hasn't been bad. Sometimes I get down about my Spanish because if I don't understand her the first time she throws her hands on her face and doesn't want to repeat it. I feel bad for her, I am sure that must get annoying for her as well.

So in Peru there are TONS of slug bugs! Everywhere! But just so you know, they DO NOT play the slug bug game here. Haha So if you hit your Latina companion when you see one, she is just going to think you are crazy. Haha Also they don't do pinky promises here. So if you ever say promise and then jester out your pinky... people are going to think you are nuts. Haha

Saturday we went tracting again. I had a cool experience. We had been knocking doors for about an hour and no one would listen to us. I wasn't too upset but Hermana Cartagena was having a really tough time. So I just said a prayer in my mind that we would please find someone who was ready to listen to us. Not even for me, just for my poor companion. I said my prayer looked over at this bright yellow house and said, let's try here. I knocked on the door, a women named Roxana opened the door. We talked to her for a little while and then she let us in and we taught her the first lesson. It was a great testimony to me that the Lord only tests us to that which we are able, and will help us. Especially when we are doing our best. I won't get to know what happens with Roxana because she lives in the Central mission, but it meant alot to me just to have the opportunity to teach her. Oh and I actually taught! We taught 4 lessons that day. I was able to understand what was happening... sometimes. Haha But I was able to teach, ask questions, and share my testimony. It was really nice. I could tell I was receiving ALOT of help.

I love you all! Thank you for your love and support. Letters from home mean everything to me. Even when they are from the most random people, they make my day!

I am happy here! I love you all!! Next time I get to email home I will be a REAL missionary instead of one of the fake CCM kinds. Haha Love you all!!

Hermana Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment