May 15, 2013

April 29, 2013


Hola Familia y Amigos.

Wow we are getting super close to the finish line. Crazy. This week was good. Called people to repentance, preached the gospel. You know all that good stuff.

We are teachings Bertas son, Jerson and his girlfriend Geradine. We got to the house the other day and he asked us a question. He has his ears pierced and always has an ear ring in his left ear. He asked us if it was o.k. for men to use ear rings. We said no, and before we even explained he reached up, took his ear ring out and then looked at me and asked why. For me it was such a great example of faith and obedience. Him and his Girlfriend are working on getting married and I know once they do they will make AMAZING members of the church.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm trunky. Well in some ways I think I have always been "trunky" I have always joked around about boys and dating and all that jazz. I'm sure none of you are surprised by that ha-ha. I'm still working. So I'm not that type of trunky who thinks, yeah I'm gong home so they stop looking for new people. I want to leave my area in good shape for the next Hermana who comes in. But I can feel my heart getting distant. I don't feel really invested in anyone or anything because I know that I won't get to see the end. It's not to say I'm not working because I'm trying to. I'm just not getting attached.
I can't wait to see my family. That's probably why I'm o.k. with finishing my mission.  It's going to be hard. But nothing compares to my family. I'm 100 percent sure that seeing my mom again will be the happiest moment of my life.

I'm scared to leave my converts. It's like when you leave an area, but worse. I wish I could take them all with me and keep visiting them and make sure that they are doing what they are suppose to be doing. At  least there are things like face book and email that make it easy to keep in touch with people.
This week we also had a conference with two members of the 70. We were together with the Lima Central Mission. I ran into my companion from the CCM. Hermana Cartagena.It was crazy to see her again. She was happy to see that I can finally speak Spanish ha-ha. Also ran     into Janaes roommate again. It's a small world.

Well. . . That's about all I have to say. I know lame right. Soon I will be home. CRAZY. Sounds like the 26th is my home coming talk. Mark that one on your calendars.

Love you all!
Hermana Sadie Jean Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment