October 24, 2011

Feed My Sheep

John 21:17
"He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me?  And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep."

In Chapter 18 of John, Peter one of Jesus's discples denies Christ three times. In Chapter 21 the resurected Lord asks Peter three times if he loves him, and three times he replies yes. Christ follows up his statment with a charge that Peter feed his sheep. I love the fact that Christ gives Peter three chances to procliam his love for him and prove his love by following Christ charge. I think this is a beautiful repersentation of all of us as diciples of Christ. We try our best but often times we fall short and deny Christ with either our words or our actions, but in his mercy and grace Christ gives us the opporutiny to prove our love for him by feeding his sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment